Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Did the ENDYN mod even do anything?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Rboosted717's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2000
    Posts
    690
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmmm, I dunno. Maybe it helps for the GSR guys, but I can't see it helping us R guys. Why? Well Endyn states, "Total rework of the "S" tube from end to end. This is designed to provide constant cross sectional areas, while expansion of the turning areas produces pressure gradients that produce less separation and turbulence."
    Well this is kinda hard seeing that the type R JRSC kit doesn't have a S tube. Our tube which connects to the throttle body is flat and lacking the S pipe.

    Then Endyn states, "The rework of the blower case involves material removal in some areas while more aluminum is added in other locations. The case is blueprinted to bring all specifications into design specs and the inlet and exit ports are precisely modified to provide perfect 120-degree timing. The entry is aero modified and considerable material is added to provide an aero exit for the charge air. This is a largely overlooked area, but the fact that providing a smooth non turbulent exit cuts temperatures radically and also provides greater exit flow rates can not be overlooked. The blower is also re-equipped with a 3" diameter pulley.
    The JR inlet manifold and bypass housing are also reworked to provide enhanced and equal flow to each inlet port as well as a smooth entry and better non boost to boost transitions."

    Does this just mean basic porting of the charger to intake manafold port and also porting of the exit ports to the engine? If so, then thats a minor job that any machine shop can do.

    Then as for the intake, well, my icebox is fine for the moment considering the cost of the TOO intake.

    I would say a steeper pulley is be almost as effective as the Endyn kit. Yes I can see that the porting helps, but it can't hurt the power that much. As for heat, well I would like to see the "major" difference in heat from the stock blower with higher boost vs. the TOO modd'd charger with higher boost.

    ------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/234+whp & 150+trq @ 5psi
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/

  2. #12
    Inactive Member 5 Liter Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks foe those pics although it's kinda hard to see w/ those low res pics.

    I thought the exit porting was more extensive. I thought he added material to fill in the square pocket (and the two sound reduciung ports) and created a gradually opening triangle. You also can't see the entry mods which are supposed to be critical to get the "120 deg. timing". Mike is right about the "S" tube. The GSR's don't really have an "S" tube either. I think the SOHC kits have more of a longer tube with two sharp bends in it but there's not too much you can do with the GSR/Type R "S" tube.

    The inside of the manifold is already pretty clean and open, I didn't see much to do there either.

    I would be pretty disappointed paying $1500 to see some beveled edges on the intake and exit areas of the blower. But then again, only the upcoming side by side test will tell if they actually do anything.

    ------------------
    Bill Winters
    Houston, TX
    '94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 6 PSI, Cartech FMU, AEM fuel rail and homemade CAI
    (ENDYN stepper pully, GS 342 and RC 310's in the garage waiting)

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 1999
    Posts
    463
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like all the material added to the exit port... adds a nice radiused flow exit... if the charge is cooler, bet that is 80% of it right there... couldn't tell anything from the rest of the pictures though...

    ------------------
    1998' 4dr GSR, 8psi JRSC, 320cc injectors, JR relay removed, B&M CommandFlo
    regulator, Fuel bypass mod, Cartech adj. FMU, Walbro HP fuel pump, valves set to
    .005i/.006e, MSD BTM, stock intake w/ITR "cool air" resinator, Clutch
    Specialties "chatter clutch", Greddy sp exhaust, Tokico Illumina 5-ways, ITR
    springs, Skunkworks 22mm rear swaybar(removed due to mount torn out at
    present), ES motor mounts and front swaybar bushings, 205/50WR/15 Kumho
    Supra 712s, KVR Carbon Fibre pads, Super blue dot 4 brake fluid, B&M fuel
    pressure gauge, Autometer sport comp A/F gauge in dimmer location...


    YLW 00' Type R #00-1011 with "special tuning" and 143db triple air horns

    Honest officer, I had no idea how fast I was going...the speedometer only gos to 150...



    [This message has been edited by Zeus (edited August 31, 2001).]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the pics at home, but they are pretty high res. Can anybody host them for me?


  5. #15
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Send them to me at [email protected].

    I'll host them.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
    Best 1/4 ==> 13.556 @ 105.29mph
    My JRSC Install Site

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 5 Liter Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zeus:
    I like all the material added to the exit port... adds a nice radiused flow exit<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    From what I remember about Fluids, the radius on the backside isn't very important, it's the radius in the underside of the exit area that makes more if a difference. You can see what Too does to the underside in the "Damaged Blower" article.

    There have been various levels of "porting" that have come out. I know I have heard of a blower that TOO was showing off at some show that had the square pocket completely filled in, holes and all with a nice radiused triangular exit.

    What any of this massaging actually does remains to be seen, but it sure doesn't seem to be working well for 11PSI. frown

    ------------------
    Bill Winters
    Houston, TX
    '94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 6 PSI, Cartech FMU, AEM fuel rail and homemade CAI
    (ENDYN stepper pully, GS 342 and RC 310's in the garage waiting)

  7. #17
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Greg.

    They are on my home PC. I'll slap 'em on a zip and bring them to work Tuesday morning. I'm on a 56k connection at home, so it would take an eternity to send from there.

    By then I should have the results from the PMS and 440cc injector install.

    Allan

  8. #18
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    Or jsut e-mail them to me and I will throw them up on teh HB server so they are local and should load a bit quicker smile



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  9. #19
    Inactive Member G sr98's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Question, If you blueprint something, don't you have to tear it down and check every individual component to a tolerance of +/- .5?
    Then after everything is within spec, you adjust the +/- .5 to get you to your goal. If TOO is blueprinting Eaton chargers then porting and polishing areas as well as adding material, wouldn't this process take a hell of a lot of time and cost a lot of money(more than $1500). Also shouldn't every charger be tested to insure the mods had the required effect?
    Please forgive my ignorance on this subject as I am not a mechanic, just a curious enthusiast

    ------------------

  10. #20
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    According to Larry he has some sort of flow bench to test each SC he works on.

    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •